Camping can be a great time, yet it may not be for you when it comes to sleeping on the ground. For example, you might not like sleeping on an air bed or mat. A camp cot is an excellent alternative for your sleeping arrangement.
Rest better outdoors and avoid waking up after sleeping on rocks or pine cones. Enjoy the elevated surface and avoid pesky insects that might creep inside your tent.
You can find sizeable queen-size camping cots with extra support and stash pockets. There are also single cots that you can push together to sleep close to your other half. As well as more space-conscious options. It is a wise investment for anyone looking to spend a few nights outdoors. You can bring your sleep to a new level in the wilderness by sleeping on one of the camping cots below.
- Coleman Folding Camp Cot & Air Mattress Combo
- Double Kwik-Cot
- Ivation EZ-Bed (Queen) Air Mattress with Frame
- Coleman ComfortSmart Cot (buy two and push together)
- Coleman Trailhead II Cot (buy two and go together)
What are the benefits of having a queen-size camping cot?
Comfort outdoors with a camping cot for two
Some avoid camping trips because they don’t want to sleep on the hard ground. However, you can feel like sleeping in a bed with a camping cot.
Have more energy for adventure.
A camping cot gives you the rest you need for big days exploring the outdoors. You can wake up energized, refreshed, and ready for a long hike through the woods.
More space to store items
Since camp cots elevate off the ground, you have space underneath to store camping gear, keeping fewer items in your car. It is convenient to store items in your tent under your cot.
Use a queen-size camping cot at home, too, for guests
Besides bringing it on camping trips, you can also use your cot indoors. It makes a great extra guest bed when friends or family visit and need somewhere to rest.
What features to look for when choosing a queen-size camping cot for two?
Look for a cot that has a strong frame. I recommend a frame made of steel material so that it can support you. The benefit of a steel cot is that it is affordable, durable, and will last a long time.
Mattress comfort of the double camping cot
Depending on the manufacturer, these cots come with different kinds of mattresses. For example, some cots come with air mattresses, while others come with foam sleeping pads. You will need to buy a mattress cover for support for other cots. Look for the kind of support the mattress offers you if you are looking for quality comfort, especially if you require extra support at night.
Size and weight limit
Make sure to read the fine print about how large the cot is and how much weight it can hold. For example, some cots are for smaller individuals. If this is you, then they are perfect for saving space. More extensive options are available that can fit taller and more prominent people.
Ease of transport of your queen-size camping cot
Look for a double camping cot you know can fit into your car. The manufacturer will always list the dimensions of the cot when it is compact. Many fold up very quickly, making them convenient to store and transport. They often come with a carry bag for compact toting and storage.
Ease of assembly
As you want something you can store easily, you don’t want to spend ages setting it up. Instead, look for a cot that has an easy-to-assemble design. I recommend buying a cot you can unfold and secure in a few minutes. Spending time setting this up is no point when you want to enjoy being outdoors.
Some queen camping cots have added features that give you extra comfort layers. For example, some have side tables that provide an area to store drinks or small items. Also, some cots have storage bags attached for you to place small camping items.
Other things to look for are if there is a carry bag included, making it much easier to transport your cot. If it consists of an airbed, see if the pump comes with the cot or if you need to buy it separately.
The Coleman Folding Camp Cot & Air Mattress Combo with Pump & Side Tables can be used indoors or outdoors on your camping trip. It’s a versatile queen camping cot for two that can accommodate two adults.
You can inflate and deflate it in a few minutes, thanks to the 4D battery-powered pump. As a result, you can enjoy elevated sleeping support. There is also the option to separate the bed and the cot for double the sleeping space.
This cot includes two side tables with cup holders built-in. Enjoy having drinks and personal items nearby. The steel frame unfolds quickly and is built to last. It also comes with a carry bag for easy storage and transport.
- Queen cot with a versatile design
- It can be used indoors or outdoors
- Airbed and cot offer elevated sleeping support
- Cot and airbed separate for double the sleeping space
- A durable steel frame unfolds easily
- Two side tables with cup holders
- Inflates and deflates quickly with a 4D battery pump (included)
- Includes carry bag for easy transport and storage
- Create extra sleeping space at home or take camping
- Accommodates up to 2 adults
- It comes in twin and queen sizes
- You might find it noisy with movement
- The mattress deflates after some time (need to top up)
The Double Kwik-Cot becomes a sleeping spot in a few minutes. It is a folding cot and has a weight capacity of 550 lbs. This cot can accommodate one or two people. The unique design offers sturdy support and a comfortable night’s sleep in minutes.
It is made from polyester, aluminum, mesh, and nickel material. The sleeping area is 85 (length) x 55 (width) inches. It’s a versatile cot that can serve as an indoor and outdoor sleeping cot.
It features a patented folding system. When compact, it is 42 (length) x 11 (width) x 9 (height) inches. In total, it weighs 33 lbs. It also comes with a carry bag for easy transport.
- Heavy-duty, powder-coated frame
- Heavy-duty 600D fabric base
- Mesh storage hammock underneath the cot
- Padded head section.
- The capacity of up to 55 lbs (total)
- Compact size for minimal storage space
- Quick, easy setup
- May find bar middle bar uncomfortable
The EZ-Bed Air Mattress with Frame has a built-in pump and automatically inflates and deflates in less than four minutes. In addition, the pump has plush, medium, and firm auto shut-off options so you can reach your desired comfort level.
It includes a durable flocked mattress top with 48 circular coils, providing a soft and comfortable sleep surface.
A self-deploying frame design allows you to unzip, plug in, turn on, and walk away for an easy setup. This mattress inflates to a standard bed height of 24 inches. The inflated dimensions are 79” x 61”.
The bed deflates and folds into a duffel bag with wheels, making it easy to transport and store. The bed can fit standard twin sheets with a weight capacity of 450 lbs. The mattress weighs 48.9 lbs.
- Inflated dimensions: 79 x 61 x 24 inches
- 48 circular coils create a comfortable sleeping surface
- The flocked top holds bedding in place and is soft to the touch
- The self-deploying design allows users to plug in, turn on, and walk away
- Rolling duffel storage case included (26 x 16 x 21 inches)
- The bed weighs approximately 50 lbs
- Weight capacity of 450 lbs
- PVC material
- Loses firmness over some time/ may need to add air
- It might need a foam topper to make it more comfortable
Coleman ComfortSmart Cot (buy two and push together)
The Coleman ComfortSmart cot is a folding camping cot that offers bed-like comfort for a restful night’s sleep. You have great support with a coil suspension system and a thick foam mattress. If you want a queen bed, try pushing two of these cots together to have a double bed for two.
It also has a durable steel frame that can support up to 275 lbs and accommodate people up to 5 feet 7 inches tall (one cot). It also has a portable design to help fit into most car trunks when folded. Also, it has a comfortably covered foam mattress pad. Measurements are 69 x 25 x 15 inches when unfolded.
- Comfortsmart coil suspension offers a bed-like feel
- Comfortably covered foam mattress pad
- Strong folding steel frame
- Designed for people up to 5 feet 7 inches tall
- Supports up to 275 lbs
- Dimensions: 69 x 25 x 15 inches
- 1-year limited warranty
- Not recommended if you’re taller (over 5 ft 7 inches)
- Not recommended if you’re heavier (only up to 275 lbs)
- Velcro straps could be of better quality
Coleman Trailhead II Cot (buy two and push together)
The Coleman Trailhead 11 Cot is a military-style cot. If you’re looking for a double camping cot for two people, you could buy two of these and push them together.
It has a strong steel X-frame ensuring a great place to sleep, season after season. In addition, it has an extra-wide design giving you more room to relax. When unfolded, this cot measures 75 x 30 x 17 inches and can accommodate most people up to 6 feet 2 inches tall.
It’s also easy to assemble and fold compactly. It folds into a carry bag for easy transport and storage when you’re ready to head home.
- Extra-wide design for more sleeping room
- Rugged military style
- Strong folding steel X-frame
- Designed for people up to 6 ft. two in. tall
- Supports up to 300 lbs.
- Overall Size: 75 x 35 x 17 inches
- Sleeping area: 75 x 30 inches
- Carry bag included
- 1-year limited warranty
- Tension bars are difficult to attach during setup
- Sleeps stiff (might require additional mattress pad)
- Not best for anyone over 6 feet tall
The queen camping cot you choose will depend on your personal preference. For example, how tall you are, how much space you have in your tent, and the level of comfort you want.
If I had to pick my favorite queen camping cot for two from the ones reviewed, I would go with the Coleman Camping Cot, Air Mattress, and Pump Combo, including a cot, side tables, an air mattress, and battery-operated pump. You will have everything you need to set up your sleeping area. I also like the extra support this cot offers. The mattress has coil construction contours to provide you with better support.
The single and double camp cots above offer more support than air beds or sleeping mats. There are plenty of options to create an actual bed for yourself outdoors. Wake up the next day feeling rested and ready to explore the great outdoors.