In this article, we are going to review the following multi room tents for camping:
- Core Instant Cabin Tent – 12 Person – 3 Room
- Ozark Trail Instant Cabin – 12 Person – 3 Room
- Tahoe Gear Carson Cabin Tent – 14 Person – 3 Room
- Tahoe Gear Ozark Cabin Tent – 16 Person – 3 Room
- Core Straight Wall Cabin Tent – 12 Person – 2 Room
What are the benefits of having a multi-room tent?
Added privacy for groups
If you are traveling with a large group, you are able to have separate sleeping and living areas. Or if you are a large family with children, you can give your kids their own space – while still being nearby.
More storage space in a multi-room tent
Another benefit of a multi-room tent is that it offers an extra area to keep your gear. This saves you from running back and forth to the car to get an extra jacket or flashlight.
Communal living space
Another benefit of a multi-room tent is that it provides a shelter for you to spend time with friends and family. Enjoy meals together, play card games or allow children to play.
Top tip: If you’re looking for some advice for camping with children you can find a guide here.
What features to look for when choosing a multi-room tent?
One major factor to consider is the season rating for your tent. This will ensure both comfort and safety for your group. Most tents provide a season rating. This shows the kind of precipitation and range of temperature a tent can withstand.
Depending on when you are camping, a 3 season tent should be appropriate for a group camping trip. It should keep you dry and also cool in the summer months.
Please find a general overview:
- 1 to 2 season: for warm temperatures and mild precipitation associated with summer
- 3 season: can handle moderate rain or spring and fall, the warmth of summer, strong wind, or even some snow.
- 4 season: can use all year round
- 5 season: for extreme weather
The capacity of a tent is usually measured by how many sleeping pads you can put on the tent floor. If you are camping for leisure and pleasure, you will need to factor in daily activity in the tent. Make sure to give yourself enough space.
If you are a group of 8, then you might want to go with a 12 person tent to make sure you have enough space. It depends on how you intend to use the tent and if you would like to use it for activities.
Vestibules, porches, awning, and floor space can affect capacity and space. Take these into consideration when making your decision.
–> You can find reviews of 2 room tents here.
–> Or reviews of 3 room tents here.
If your tent isn’t ventilated, then it can become very moist inside. When warm air contacts a cold surface, condensation can happen. Water may then saturate your tent fabric and drip through the mesh window. This can make it a very unpleasant resting place. Make sure the tent you choose has vents and mesh windows to allow the air to flow through.
When setting up your tent you can also choose to pick an ideal place to set up camp. Under trees is the perfect spot since the air here is warmer. You should also look to minimize moisture sources inside your tent. Finally, ventilate early, often, and fully. You can find a guide on how to prevent condensation in a tent here.
The Core Instant Cabin Tent offers a stress-free setup in less than 2 minutes. The tent comes with poles that are pre-attached. You need to unpack, unfold and extend.
There is an 18’ by 10’ interior with zippered privacy panels on the doors and windows. There is also a large double door design for easy access to the tent. Gear is accessible with the four hanging storage pockets and gear loft with lantern hook. There is also a room divider. This gives you the opportunity to create separate living and sleeping spaces.
- Sleeps, 12 people
- 80-inch center height
- 2-minute setup
- Fits 3 air beds
- Water-resistant PU coated fabric
- Taped seams to keep water out
- Adjustable ventilation
- Water repellent rainfly
- Two entryways
- Three-room option with divider
- The light fabric is less durable
- Not for heavy winds
The Ozark Trail Instant Cabin Tent is 16’ by 16’ and can be set up in under ten minutes. It is a 3-room cabin style tent with large windows on all sides and also space to stand up. There is a maximum 6’10’’ center height. There is a large front awning for relaxing under the shade. The tent can fit three queen airbeds or up to 12 campers in sleeping bags on the floor.
Two internal room dividers allow you to create separate living and sleeping spaces. The tent has a rainfly and a carry bag for convenience. There is also electricity cord access. The oversized ground vents help you keep cool and can also fit an air conditioner.
- Setups in under 2 minutes
- Sleeps, 12 people
- Fits 3 queen airbeds
- 3-room tent
- Includes airfly
- Fully taped factory-sealed seams
- 7 fully closable windows
- Factory welded 6’’ tub floor
- Free-standing frame design
- Electrical cord access
- Carry bag included
- 25 tent stakes included, made of steel
- Ground vents fit air conditioner
- Not for very windy conditions
- The light fabric is prone to tears
The Tahoe Gear Carson Cabin Tent can sleep up to 14 and is ideal for an extended excursion with a large group. There is a 7-foot center and wall height which makes it easier to move through the tent. You can enjoy the daytime in the airy, open screen room or restful hours in the 3 separate master suite areas.
This tent has a durable body with 1000mm polyester fabric. This tent comes with easy setup poles. Also, stakes, guy ropes, and rainfly for unexpected weather.
- Durable 100mm polyester tent body
- Fly canopy that extends over the door for an extra-large vestibule
- Fly features a solar shield that reflects sunlight
- Tent body and fly 70D/190T polyester
- Tent floor 120-gram polyethylene
- Large windows to stay cool
- Open mesh design for cross ventilation
- Convenient carry bag, pole bag, stakes & instructions
- Power cord access inside your tent
- It may take time to set up
- Rainfly is required for shade
- Need to anchor down well
The Tahoe Gear Ozark Tent is a 16 person shelter and a 3-season tent. This tent is ideal for camping with a group of friends that you’ve always wanted to have a cross-country excursion with. The tent has easy setup poles and guy ropes to help you. It has a 7-foot center that allows you to move freely. The solar shield technology reflects sunlight and helps you stay cool.
- Polyester fabric
- 7-foot center
- Sleeps, 16 people
- Easy assembly
- Shock-corded poles & pin-and-ring system
- Water-resistant 1200 polyester fly with taped seams
- Fly canopy extends over the door for extra coverage
- Includes guy ropes
- Open mesh design for ventilation
- Light material is less durable
- The center divider is not removable
The Core Straight Wall Cabin Tent offers a 16’ 11’ floor space and a center height of 86’’. This tent sleeps 12 people so your entire crew can stand, stretch and move around. There are extra tall ceilings as well as both front t-door or back d-door.
You can attach the included room divider for separate living and sleeping spaces. The setup is easy with color-coded fiberglass poles, joints, and sleeves. The water-repellent rainfly is removable in warmer weather. It exposes the mesh ceiling for panoramic views on clear summer nights.
The tent also features Core H2O block technology water repellent fabrics. There is an active bead technology for faster water runoff. The seams, doors, and windows are all factory sealed to keep water out. There is also an adjustable ventilation system to draw in cool air and let hot air escape.
- Sleeps, 12 people
- 16 feet by 11 feet with 86 center height
- FIts four queen size air mattresses
- Water repellent rainfly that is removable
- Advanced venting system
- Multi-room options with room divider
- Entry from the front t-door or back d-door
- 1 year limited warranty
- It may take time to set up
The tent you choose will depend on how you want to use the multi-room tent and extra space. Whether it is for a large group of friends to sleep or for a smaller group to have more storage and living space. There are lots of tents available that give you the flexibility to have the extra space. This allows for a comfortable camping trip.
If I had to pick my favorite tent from the ones reviewed, I would go with the Ozark Trail Instant Cabin Tent. If you are looking for many rooms, you get two attached room dividers to make three rooms. The fact that you can set it up in under 2 minutes makes it appealing. Other larger tents can take over an hour to construct.
The size of this tent would allow you to have a party inside while avoiding the heat and bugs. The large front awning also offers a relaxing place to rest. The rainfly and factory-sealed seams will help to keep you warm and dry.
Consider the size of your group, the nature of your trip, and how you plan on using this space to make the best decision. With separate sleeping in living spaces, you will be able to enjoy nature no matter the weather.