If you’re looking to go camping in the cooler months, keeping your tent and loved ones warm is essential. Therefore, a tent heater is a critical investment in your trip. We’ve reviewed different tent heaters to help you explore your options.
One of the most significant benefits of owning a tent heater is that you can extend your camping season. You can stay warm in any month of the year.
You can heat your tent in no time if you find a campsite with a power source. The latest tent heaters have many features to comfort and peace of mind. These include safety protection as well as adjustable thermostats. So you have control over the temperature in your tent and won’t have to worry about fires or safety issues.
In this article, we’re going to review the following electric tent heaters for camping:
Can you use an electric heater in a tent?
Electric heaters are safe to use inside tents, mainly in winter (find more tips on winter camping here). However, if you’re considering buying a heater, find one that will work on the campsite’s power supply, meaning finding a camp that provides you with an electric hook-up (EHU).
If you’re camping in cooler months, use electricity in your tent. You might also need it for on-site lights, microwaves, or fridges.
Double-check if you’re searching for a camping location with an electric hook-up. It helps to be sure this will be available to you.
How to choose the best electric tent heater?
When choosing a heater for your tent, it’s helpful to consider the following features:
Adjustable thermostat settings
How many options are there to change the temperature? Is there a cold setting available? Do you have more than one mode to choose from?
Choosing a heater with more settings will give you added flexibility. For example, you can get the temperature in your right.
Protection settings for electric tent heaters
Ensure your heater has built-in settings with a built-in safety system to shut off the heater if it overheats.
Look to ensure the fan isn’t too noisy or disturbing. Some heaters offer the feature of low noise when working.
How fast it heats up
You don’t want to wait all day to feel the heat after a long walk in the woods! Instead, you want a heater that will warm your fingers and toes in no time.
What are the benefits of an electric tent heater?
The convenience of added warmth
The most significant benefit of a tent heater is the extra warmth and comfort you can have when camping in colder months. Your sleeping bag will provide you with a certain level of warmth. Yet the heater for your tent will produce enough heat to warm a much larger area.
Considered a Safe Option
Compared to different heaters, electric tent heaters are a safe option because ceramic heaters don’t have any glowing materials or open flames, reducing the chance of a fire starting.
The plastic coating around the heater prevents the body from overheating, allowing it to go near any material. Electric heaters also offer automatic safety mechanisms. They will shut off if they overheat.
What’s the best way to use an electric tent heater? The safest way?
Ensure that you have a power supply and an EHU at the campsite. It’s recommended to keep it on a lower setting so that the air doesn’t become too dry and stuffy.
Electric heaters are much safer than using a gas heaters. As an extra precaution, keep your heater off the floor or anywhere it might get knocked over. Many choose to keep their heater on a small table, not the floor.
Electric Tent Heater Reviews
1. Brightown Ceramic Space Heater
This is a good option if you want a portable heater to heat your tent. The Brightown Ceramic Space Heater is small and lightweight.
- Safe ceramic unit
- Extra safety with automatic overheating protection
- Adjustable thermostat. There are three different settings with the adjustable thermostat. You might want to keep it in a lower setting. On a lower setting, it won’t get too stuffy.
- Convenient handle design. The built-in handle and lightweight design make it easy to pack in your car and take on a camping trip.
- ETL listed. This mark proves that a product is compliant with North American safety standards.
- Fan units could cause noise
- The heating element shuts off with the safety feature
>> Check Price on Amazon <<
2. Vornado MVH Vortex Heater
This heater is an energy-efficient choice for heating your tent. This heater allows you to heat your room efficiently and low noise level. It offers three heat settings and an adjustable thermostat. In addition, you have control over the temperature, giving added comfort. Safety features include over-tip protection and automatic shut-off, helping provide you with peace of mind while you heat your tent.
- Adjustable thermostat. Three heat settings.
- Heat all the air in your tent without the intense heat. This heater aims to circulate fast warmth at a gentle rate.
- Many safety features. These include a cool touch casing, safety shut-off if it overheats, and safety shut-off if it’s tipped over.
- A 5-year promise from the support team
- Integrated carrying handle
- It May produce a burning smell
- The auto shut-off feature may be erratic
>> Check Price on Amazon <<
3. Lasko Space Heater
The Lasko Space heater offers patented blower technology for enhanced heat penetration. This option is ideal for anyone looking to heat a big tent. It has a 25″ height, and three heat sweep settings allow you to project heat around your tent.
- Three heat sweep settings to project heat throughout your tent
- Two quiet settings
- Easy-to-clean filter
- Wireless remote control
- Adjustable thermostat with digital display
- Built-in safety features, including overheat protection and a cool touch exterior
- Beeping sound when adjusting settings
- Overheating function may shut off too soon
>> Check Price on Amazon <<
To wrap it up, my recommendation.
Whatever tent heater you decide on will depend on your requirements. The level of heat, safety, and temperature flexibility you are looking for. You may want one with added safety features if camping with children.
But, if I had to choose one, a general-purpose favorite among these, I would say the best electric heater is the Lasko Space Heater.
The high level of great reviews on this heater makes this heater one that I can recommend confidently.
Many tents will keep away the rain and wind, but they often do not insulate very well, so it could get pretty cold in the winter. For these freezing temperatures, a heater is a prominent investment. Get the warmth you need for a comfortable camping trip.